Each course offered by the Discovery Program is associated with a course code (e.g. DCOR 699). A course code begins with four letters. The first letter “D” stands for “Discovery.” The next three letters correspond to each cluster as follows:
- COR: Core Courses (Discovery Seminars, Senior Project, etc.)
- CUL: Cultural Diversity and Communities
- SIE: Social Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- SCI: Transdisciplinary Science for Global Sustainability
These letter codes are followed by 3-digit numbers.
- 100s = Kyoyo courses
- 200s = Senmon Kiso courses
- 300s = Kihon courses
- 400s = Kadai courses
- 500s = Practicum courses
- 600s = Senior Project & related courses
In course descriptions, prerequisites are indicated by course code.