教養教育(Kyoyo Kyoiku) “General Education”
Kyoyo Kyoiku (a.k.a. “Kyoyo”), or “General Education” in Okayama University’s official terms, is a category of courses that are designed to expose students to a wide variety of fields. Discovery students are required to earn a designated number of credits from each subcategory.
- 導入教育 “Courses for Introductory Education”
- 知的理解 “Courses for Developing Intellectual Understanding”
- 実践知・感性 “Courses for Developing Practical Knowledge and Sensitivity”
- 汎用的技能と健康 “Courses for Developing General Skills and Health”
- 言語 “Language Courses”
- 高年次教養 “General Education Courses for Senior Undergraduate Students”
- Selecting and Registering for Kyoyo Courses
- All Faculty Guidance (1 credit)
- Discovery Guidance (1 credit)
Introductory courses in academic subjects.
Required: Minimum of 4 credits
Art and Practice courses
- Introduction to Information Processing (1 credit)
Language courses including Japanese language courses
Required: Minimum of 6 credits
Advanced English Skills for Discovery Students
※Some of the Senmon Kiso courses offered outside Discovery are categorized as Kyoyo when taken by Discovery students. Credits earned in such courses can be applied toward Jiyu Sentaku (Elective) credits under Senmon Kyoiku.