教養教育(Kyoyo Kyoiku) “Liberal Arts” Education
Kyoyo Kyoiku (a.k.a. “Kyoyo”), or “Liberal Arts” in Okayama University’s official terms, is a category of courses that are designed to expose students to a wide variety of fields. Discovery students are required to earn a designated number of credits from each subcategory.
- 導入教育 “Educational Orientation”
- 知的理解 “Intellectual Understanding”
- 汎用的技能と健康 “Versatile Skills”
- 言語 “Languages”
- 高年次教養 “Upper Division Liberal Arts”
- Selecting and Registering for Kyoyo Courses
- All Faculty Guidance (1 credit)
- Discovery Guidance (1 credit)
Introductory courses in academic subjects.
Required: Minimum of 4 credits
- Introduction to Information Processing (1 credit)
Language courses including Japanese language courses
Required: Minimum of 6 credits
DCOR 159 Introduction to Writing Skills (1 credit)
※Some of the Senmon Kiso courses offered outside Discovery are categorized as Kyoyo when taken by Discovery students. Credits earned in such courses can be applied toward Jiyu Sentaku (Elective) credits under Senmon Kyoiku.