Ph.D. (Management), The Chinese University of Hong Kong
Key words for education
Organizational Behavior, Human Resource Management, Training and Development, Leadership
Topics in Management（Organizational Behavior, Human Resource Management, Negotiation）
Features of my courses
Lectures with discussions and group projects. Topics cover the theories and practices in management.
Key words for research
Employee turnover, emotion, cross-cultural adjustment, leadership, creativity, HRM system
Key publications and conference presentations
Publications in the last 5 years
- Zhu. H., Hui, K. N, Gong. Y, (in press). Uncovering the nonmarket side of internationalization: The Belt and Road Initiative and Chinese firms’ CSR reporting quality, Asia Pacific Journal of Management. [Refereed; IF = 6.5; JCR Q1; ABS 3]
- Gong, Y., Lan, J., Liu, T., Wong, M.N., & Yuan, B. (2022). How Emotional Regulation and Conscientiousness Break the Reciprocal Circle between Customer Mistreatment and Surface Acting: An Experience Sampling Study. International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management. https://doi.org/10.1108/IJCHM-09-2021-1102, [Refereed; IF = 11.1; JCR Q1; ABS 3]
- Lan, J., Gong Y., & Yuan, B. (2022). Requested to do right things excessively: How citizenship pressure/future focus influence health and work outcomes in health organizations during the pandemic. Journal of Health Organization and Management. https://doi.org/10.1108/JHOM-10-2021-0374 [Refereed; IF = 1.9; JCR Q3]
- Jeong, S., Gong, Y., & Henderson A. (2022). Sympathy or distress? The moderating role of negative emotion differentiation in helping behavior. Asia Pacific Journal of Management. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10490-022-09819-8 [Refereed; IF = 6.5; JCR Q1; ABS 3]
- Zhou, C., Hui, K. N., Zhou, K.Z., & Gong. Y., (2022). Is failure the mother of success? Prior failure experience and cross-border M&A completion by emerging market firms. Asia Pacific Journal of Management. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10490-021-09802-9 [Refereed; IF = 6.5; JCR Q1; ABS 3]
- Hui, K. N, Gong. Y, Cui, Q., and Jiang, N, (2021). Foreign investment or divestment as a near-term solution to performance shortfalls? The moderating role of vicarious learning, Asia Pacific Journal of Management. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10490-021-09778-6 [Refereed; IF = 6.5; JCR Q1; ABS 3]
- Martin Schweinsberg et al., (2021). Same data, different conclusions: Radical dispersion in empirical results when independent analysts operationalize and test the same hypothesis, Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes. 165, 228-249. [Refereed; IF = 5.8; ABS 4]
- Liu, F., Chow, I. H., Gong, Y., Huang, M., (2020). Affiliative and aggressive humor in leadership and their effects on employee voice: a serial mediation model, Review of Managerial Science, 14: 1321-1339. [Refereed; IF = 8.0; JCR Q1; ABS 2]
- Chow, I. H. & Gong, Y. 2019.Challenging Job Demands and Performance: The Role of Learning Orientation. Journal of Organizational Psychology, 19(2), 61-73. [Refereed]
- Liu, F., Chow, I.H., Gong, Y., & Wang, H. (2019). Mediating links between HRM bundle and individual innovative behavior. Journal of Management & Organization, 25(1), 157-172. [Refereed; IF = 5.1; JCR Q1; ABS 2]
- Wong, Y., Chow, I. H., Lau, V. P., & Gong, Y., (2018). Benefits of team participative decision making and its potential to affect individual creativity. Journal of Applied Social Psychology. 48 (7), 369-376. [Refereed; IF = 3.0; JCR Q2; ABS 2]
Please refer to https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=-2LnnjMAAAAJ&hl=en for the full publication list.
What I like about Discovery
GDP is a place where you can enjoy the charms of the Japanese culture without feeling like a foreigner.