Ph.D. (Agriculture), Kyoto University
Keywords for education
Fundamental Microbiology, Analytical Chemistry, Biopolymer Science, Introduction to intellectual Properties Rights
Fundamental Microbiology, Analytical Chemistry, Chemistry of Biological Macromolecules, Intellectual Property Rights for Biotechnology
Features of my courses
My courses aim to educate students so that they will have the ability to see biological phenomena with the “eyes of chemistry”, examine them with the “hands of chemistry”, and to interact with living things using the “words of chemistry”.
Key words for research
Essential Micronutrient Selenium, Redox Biochemistry, Antiviral Antibiotics, Biohydrogen Energy Production
Key publications and conference presentations
- Y. Kuroda, H. Yamagata, M. Nemoto, K. Inagaki, T. Tamura*, K. Maeda. Antiviral effects of sinefungin on in vitro growth of feline herpes virus type 1. J. Antibiotics, 72, 981-985 (2019)
- S. Sutoh, Y. Uemura, Y. Yamaguchi, A. Kiyotou, R. Sugihara, M. Nagayasu, M. Kurokawa, K. Ito, N. Tsunekawa, M. Nemoto, K. Inagaki, T. Tamura*, Redox tuning of disulfide oxidoreductase generates disulfide isomerase. Biochim. Biophys. Acta, 1867, 194-201 (2019)
- T. Tamura*, N. Tsunekawa, M. Nemoto, K. Inagaki, T. Hirano, F. Sato. Molecular evolution of gas cavity in [NiFeSe] hydrogenases resurrected in silico. Sci. Rep. 6, e19742 (2016)
- T. Tamura*, S. Yamamoto, M. Takahata, H. Sakaguchi, H. Tanaka, T.C. Stadtman, K. Inagaki. Selenophosphate synthetase genes from lung adenocarcinoma cells: Sps1 for recycling L-selenocysteine and Sps2 for selenite assimilation. Pro. Natl. Acad. Sci., 101, 16162-16167 (2004)
- T. Tamura, T.C. Stadtman. A new selenoprotein from human lung adenocarcinoma cells: Purification, properties, and thioredoxin reductase activity. Pro. Natl. Acad. Sci., 93, 1006-1011 (1996)
What I like about Discovery
Each language has its own character and means of expression; thus, learning multiple languages is not just about having command of a foreign language, but also cultivating a broader point of view.